- You Are Here » News » Volunteer with GHBIC on April 23-34
You are invited to participate in the 2016 Greater Huntington Beach Interfaith Council Community Service Days! Occurring on Saturday, April 23 and Sunday, April 24th, 2016 this meaningful community service builds relationships and improves our community. Projects cover a variety of topics and are available for every activity and age level. Can’t make it? You can donate to feed the hungry locally and globally! Click here to make a donation.
- Volunteer to Revamp Bartlett Park! Covering 27 acres, this rustic, natural park and is located behind the Newland House Museum and Newland Barn in Huntington Beach. We will prepare and create a landscaped path through the park, providing general clean up as well. 200-250 volunteers are needed from 9:00am – 12:00pm on Saturday, April 23.
- Hearts and Hands – Have skills in crafts, sewing, cutting and creating fabric items? Projects will be donated to local hospitals and care centers. 50 – 75 volunteers are needed on Saturday, April 23rd at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, located at 17500 Bushard, Fountain Valley, CA 92708, from 9:00 – 12:00pm. The project will continue on Sunday, April 24th at Temple Beth David, located at 6100 Hefley St, Westminster, CA 92683, from 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Mile Square Park – Recreation center, 16400 Brookhurst, Fountain Valley, Ca 92708. 250 volunteers are needed from 8:00am – 12:00pm to follow planned mulching and planting guidelines, This is a great project for families of all ages.
- Stop Hunger Now – 50-75 Volunteers are needed for this meal packaging event. High protein, dehydrated meals will be packed, providing meals for children in desperate need of nourishment. Help us fight hunger together on a global scale by donating. We have a goal of 20,000 meals at two different locations on April 23rd. If you can help in a hands-on way, sign up to volunteer. Please also consider donating as each Stop Hunger Now meal feeds an entire family for only 29 cents a day. A $29 donation would provide 100 meals to those in need. Please participate in this amazing opportunity to give and serve. This event is family-friendly and children ages 4+ can help pack the meals while learning to give to others. The South location will be meeting at Sowers Middle School, located at 9300 Indianapolis Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92646, from 9:00am – noon.
- Stop Hunger Now – 50-75 volunteers are needed. The North location will be at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Westminster, located at 14271 Locust Street, Westminster, CA 92683, from 9:00am – noon.
- Homeless Service – This is a one stop opportunity to help out those in need. In collaboration with faith based groups, services provided will be medical, food, hygiene kits, backpacks, flu shots, haircuts, clothing, employment counseling, foot screening, giveaways etc. We need providers, and 50 volunteers to assist each individual to the area that they need the most. 7:00 am – 12:00 pm. Location to be determined.
- Murdy Park Community Center – This older community center is getting a face lift. 7000 Norma Dr, Huntington Beach, CA 92647. 100 Volunteers are needed to dig, plant and mulch per the professional landscape design, from 9:00 am – noon.